F.A.Q.’s

What does Safe To Touch do?

Safe To Touch provides long term protection against bacteria, viruses, moulds, fungi and spores. We use a range of different suppliers who produce antimicrobial products which have been developed with the industry’s needs in mind. We use a range of different products, all of which are disinfectants for quick decontamination of contaminated areas. The product you require will depend on the environment you want to protect which Safe To Touch can advise you with.

How does it work?

Safe To Touch uses revolutionary technology to destroy and deactivate potentially lethal pathogens. Traditional technologies tend to use lots of hazardous chemicals to destroy microbes, however this is destructive to surfaces and can be bad for health. The products we use, use natures own ‘keys’ to disarm microbes. This means it uses very low levels of biocides, making it very safe to use.

What are the benefits of using Safe To Touch?

Safe To Touch provides a long term protection from micro-organisms. It is an extremely safe way of protecting your environment. After treatment the surfaces will be protected for up to four weeks, although we recommend frequent application on areas of high usage. Being PH neutral means we can treat any surface including electrical equipment and soft furnishings.

What does Safe To Touch protect against?

Safe To Touch protects against micro-organisms. Micro-organisms are all around us and we are constantly exposed to them wherever we are. Some don’t cause us any harm, whilst others can cause serious illness and are a health hazard. These are the micro-organisms we want to protect against.

Safe To Touch deactivates and destroys a broad spectrum of micro-organisms, some of which are as follows:

  • Clostridium difficile
  • Norovirus
  • MRSA
  • Cold Virus
  • Swine flu / Influenza
  • E-coli
  • Listeria
  • Salmonella
  • Legionella
  • Campylobacter
  • Leptospirosis

Bacteria has the ability to survive in any environment and can double in number every fifteen to twenty minutes. Bacteria can survive using many different methods and can cause many different illnesses. Bacterial spores are a strain of bacteria and are able to survive for extended periods of time. It is extremely difficult to get rid of bacterial spores using cleaning products.

Safe To Touch can destroy and deactivate viruses. Viruses are parasites which require water or body fluids to carry them. Common viruses contracted are the human influenza and norovirus. Viruses are generally very difficult to deactivate or destroy, but Safe To Touch use products which are proven to be effective against viruses.

We can also protect against moulds and fungi. These are able to survive in all conditions but are particularly prominent in damp areas. Many believe moulds and fungi to be harmless but it has been proven some strains can call respiratory issues and other diseases.

How do I know it’s safe?

The products used by Safe To Touch have been rigorously tested using EN, EU and AOAC protocols in accordance with Good Laboratory Practice.  This means it is has been tested to ensure the consistency, reliability, quality and integrity of the chemical.  Different countries have different protocols, so our products have been developed to comply with all relevant international standards. All of the products we use have the same hazard specification as distilled water, making it completely non hazardous. It has passed the British standard 6920 so can be used in the treatment of drinking water.

Does this mean I can spend less time cleaning?

Unfortunately not. Safe To Touch are not a cleaning company, we provide a disinfectant service.  In order for Safe To Touch treatment to remain effective you should continue to wipe down surfaces as normal. When a micro-organism is destroyed, the dead cell remains on the surface. Without wiping down the surface the dead cells create a barrier between new micro-organisms the treatment so it won’t be as effective.

How long does the treatment take to work?

Once applied, the treatment deactivates and destroys bacteria, mould and fungi within thirty seconds. Spores and viruses take slightly longer at five minutes.

How long does a Safe To Touch treatment last?

The products we use can protect surfaces for up to four weeks after treatment. However, some areas of high usage such as door handles may require more frequent application. The reason our treatment lasts for so long is because it leaves an invisible layer on treated surfaces which continues to destroy and deactivate micro-organisms. This layer naturally degrades over time.